This story is from July 4, 2016

A cricket game lead the Hoskote minors to their ordeal

A cricket game lead the Hoskote minors to their ordeal
BENGALURU: The search for a missing ball during a game of cricket t triggered off an unending nightmare for three minor boys from Hoskote who were last week hospitalized after they were stripped, administered electric shocks and clobbered with sticks by six adults.
On Monday, the minors travelled from Hoskote to Bengaluru to be presented before the Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights where they narrated the spine-chilling incident to KSCPCR chairperson Kripa Alva.
1x1 polls
They were accompanied by their parents.
“The boys told me this started a month ago when they were playing cricket and their ball fell into a neighbour’s compound. They went there to get the ball but while exiting, ended up entering an adjacent property belonging to one of the accused,” Alva told a press conference later.
The children, though, did not think too much about what they had done. The consequences unfolded last Thursday when the property owner and his associates kidnapped the three minors in his Innova. “The accused took the three minors to a garage in an isolated area where they were administered electric shocks,” Alva said.
“We have asked the police to book the accused for kidnapping and POCSO sections since the boys were stripped. The police will submit a detailed report of the incident to the commission on Tuesday and based on it further action would be taken. We will be monitoring this case very closely,” she added
All the boys are below 15 years. While one is studying in a government school, the other two are dropouts and are labourers.
Asked about the school administration’s negligence, Alva said “I have to look at the school’s point of view. We have prepared a summons for them. I would have held them responsible prima facie had the boy been taken away during classes but since the boy was taken during lunch time, I’d give them a chance to explain.”
She said the theft charge levelled against the boys by the accused is still ambiguous.
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA